Wednesday, October 16, 2019

four by five feet


Large canvases.  They feel comfortable to me.  I apply paint and I step back, but step back to where?  Oh right, to that place where one stands when they look at a painting, between 5 and 10 feet.  Step in and step out.


While I paint I recall the small abstract watercolors that I painted 4 years ago.  My muscle memory is activated.  This is as close to a flowing experience as I might possibly know. 


Scanning photographs for dreams, disconnecting the source material and its context, stealing the sense of imagery that breathes in its life.


Friday November 1, "first friday", opens our next show at Commerce Gallery in downtown Lockhart.  Guest artist will be Susan Sage from Portland and music by Emily Gimble.

Image may contain: 3 people, text

1 comment: